The project «BITTE – BuIlding Together Tomorrow’s Europe» was funded
with the support of the European Union under the Programme “Europe
Applicable to the Strand 2 – Measure 2.1 “Town-Twinning”
Participation: The project involved n. 250 citizens, notably n.148 participants from the city of Fidenza (Italy), n.100
participants from the city of Herrenberg (Germany).
Location/ Dates: The events took place in Fidenza, from 04.10.2019 to 06.10.2019 ;
The following events have been carried out within this project:
The day of 04/10/2019 was dedicated to:
– Official ceremony and conference “Tomorrow’s twinning – Tomorrow’s Europe”. The aims of the event were to increase knowledge of the original value of town twinning, to increase awareness about the importance to reflect about what citizens expect from EU
– Workshop on EU funding opportunities. The aim of the event was to bring Europe closer to its citizens by encouraging the knowledge about Europe’s opportunities for citizens and associations
– Street food event “Borgo food”. The aim of the event was to raise awareness on the richness of the cultural environment in Europe, even in the field food.
– Concert in the municipal theatre with the choirs from Fidenza and from Herrenberg. The aim of the event was to raise awareness on the richness of the cultural and linguistic environment in Europe
The day of 05/10/2019 was dedicated to:
– Education tour in Torrechiara (Parma). The participants visited the castle of Torrechiara. The aim of the event was to stimulate a reflection about meaningful themes in terms of European memory, history and cultural heritage
– Volunteering associations activities. Each association (environment protection,city choirs, scouts) had parallel activities. The methods have been study visits and exchange of best practices. The aims of the event were: a better awareness of the value and importance of volunteering for the society both at local and European level and a usefull exchange of ideas and best practices
– Activities in the field of intercultural associations. During the town twinning, intercultural associations from Fidenza and Herrenberg met. The aims of the event were: promotion of intercultural dialogue as an open and respectful exhange of views between individuals, groups with different ethnic, cultural, religious and linguistic backgrounds and heritage, an exchange of experiences of people coming from extra EU countries in two different EU contries, the promotion of social inclusion of citizens coming from third countries, the promotion of the civic participation and social responsability of people coming from third countries
– Exchange between municipal services (municipal police). The aims of the event were: exchange of experiences about local activities of municipal polices, a better awareness about common ploblems and threats, an exchange of best practices about innovative services
– Exchange between municipal services (kindergarten teachers). The aims of the event were: a better knowledge of tools and channels used in the different cities, in order to improve the educational process, exchange of best practices of tools and methods used in the different countries for the education of children (0-6 years old), the comparison of problems and opportunities in a rapidly changing society. Exchange of best practices.
The day of 06/10/2019 was dedicated to:
– Study visit. City development. The participants visited the new school ISS – Magnaghi Solari, the Gesuiti palace renovation. The aims of the event were: to show the most meaningfull new buildings in Fidenza, which are/will be seats of important activities,to exchange opinions about a sustainable city development
– Testimonials about these 30 years of town twinning. In the city council seat, the participants heard testimonials about the 30 years of town twinning. The aims of the event were: to summarize the hisdory of the town twinning Fidenza-Herrenberg, to increase awareness about EU’s achievements and benefits, to increase awareness about town twinning as a way to stay united in peace and friendship.
Volunteering associations activities. Conclusion and final discussion
– Exchange between municipal services (municipal police). Conclusion and final discussion
– Exchange between municipal services (kindergarten teachers). Conclusion and final discussion